Search This Blog

Thursday, March 24, 2011

Shelter


When purple morning turns to gold
And little birds begin to sing
I feel young although I’m old
In the hope the new day brings

When friends call on the telephone
Just to ask about my day
I feel like I am not alone
Hearing kindly words they say

When children smile and kiss my cheek
Because they know I love them so
I feel strong although I’m weak
Because I know the children know

When trusted by the innocent
The cynics crumble with their rules
And I defend my time there spent
Away from educated fools

When first buds burst from rosy centers
And the fruit trees flowers bring
I forget the cold hard winter
In the joy of newfound spring

Yes, the world is dark and light
Seasons pass and old age creeps
Remember morning come the night
In your dreams of blissful sleep

An infant’s cry; the sweetest sound;
The voice of happiness ever after
Looms so large that it might drown
The sound of evil tyrant’s laughter

O hope that dwells with faith and love
Restore my broken, bruised infirmity
Then God who rules from high above
Might shelter this soul for eternity

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Boone, North Carolina, United States
North Carolina poet and musician Fabian G. Franklin invites you to join him on a poetic journey through the soul.