Search This Blog

Sunday, June 19, 2011

Homeless




















I have no friend or family
And I was born alone
Trials and trouble I have seen
While searching for a home

I found no place that I belonged
No one has understood
A single bit of verse or song
My life has done no good

When I reached out to others
They smiled and turned away
My sisters and my brothers
Presumed myself the same as they

I know there have been other
Discarded bits of stardust
Suffering and starving
Portraits of tortured artists

Hemingway’s favorite shotgun
Van Gogh’s Pistol glistening
Plath with her head in the oven
Still they are not listening

We have no friend or family
No place to call our own
Only burdens we have carried
To our graves and borne alone

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Boone, North Carolina, United States
North Carolina poet and musician Fabian G. Franklin invites you to join him on a poetic journey through the soul.