Search This Blog

Monday, April 8, 2013

A Visit With Emily



I open the yellow, dog eared pages
to a ribbon marked passage stained with tears
And though we have been friends for ages
I retrace those comforting years
When the winds howl; bitter and cold
Crawling beneath the shared quilt of our art
When aching bones say I am old
You kindle a fire on the hearth of my heart
Let us sip hot cider to the flow and ebb
Of poems we wrote when we were young
When the writing spider wove his web
In our souls and every song to be sung
From distant hills across the snow
They will spy the smoke from our chimney
And the frozen travelers then will know
That a poet sits with Miss Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Poet and musician Fabian G. Franklin invites you to join him on a poetic journey through the soul and nature.