Search This Blog

Sunday, January 11, 2015

My World


My world is just a smile
With tiny dimples and dark hair

There is no war; no child abuse
No poverty anywhere

My world cries softly
When it's cold
Or hungry in the night

And someones comes to save her
Turning on the light

My world weighs less
Than seven pounds
But was my world at birth

When somehow this little girl
Outgrew my love for mother earth

In her eyes is heaven
Where angels feet have trod

Heartbeat like the angel's wings
That lift to kiss the face of God

Now I lay her down to sleep
I pray the Lord my world to keep

A smile with dimples and dark hair
This child; my world without a care

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Boone, North Carolina, United States
North Carolina poet and musician Fabian G. Franklin invites you to join him on a poetic journey through the soul.