Search This Blog

Friday, March 31, 2017

Emily My Emily



Soft wind chimes ring for me
Each time that you sing to me
Songs that you bring to me
Emily, my Emily

Softly you cling to me
Flower of spring to me
You're everything to me
Emily, my Emily

When the bright dawn is near
You whisper in my ear
Dreams that my heart can hear
Emily, my Emily

Why do the butterflies
Tremble through summer skies
Why is the owl so wise
Emily, my Emily?

Where do the clouds all go
Daddy, I want to know
When little breezes blow
asks Emily, Emily

Now see the dandy lion
Shaggy old friend of mine
Hide in the grass and find
Emily, my Emily

Hair full of violets
Passion flower pirouettes
Morning glories now trumpet
For Emily, Emily

Night time is time for hugs
And catching lightning bugs
But she will set them free
Emily, my Emily

Life is a fairy tale
I never knew so well
Love ever after tells
Of Emily, Emily

When mother lays her down
Yawning in her nightgown
Angels will come around
For Emily, my Emily

Guard this child while she sleeps
In precious dreams so deep
Blessed is the Lord who keeps
Emily, my Emily
For me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Boone, North Carolina, United States
North Carolina poet and musician Fabian G. Franklin invites you to join him on a poetic journey through the soul.